About the opportunity
For the first two years of your career with us, you will be able to participate in our Graduate Excellence Path. This program is a learning platform designed to train technical experts and tomorrow’s leaders, while preparing you for a career with us.
You will have access to a wide range of learning tools designed to accelerate your growth, such as coaching, mentoring, webinars, and access to leadership content and collaboration networks. In your first year, you will be invited to participate in our Global Graduate Summit, attended by members of our senior executive team.
New challenges require new ideas. As specialists in mining and metals, we are looking for visionaries, pioneers and people who are ready to take on tomorrow’s challenges. People who can push the boundaries of the possible with innovative ideas.
Rio Tinto is a pioneer in mining and metals and produces essential materials for human progress. We have carried on our activities for over 145 years and produce various minerals and metals that allow worldwide growth and development.
For example, last year we piloted the world’s first autonomous train for transport of heavy freight over a distance of 100 kilometres, without incident.
About the role
In this role, your tasks will include:
- Defect elimination to improve equipment availability and reliability
- Process improvement projects
- Process incident investigation
- Daily support/root cause of major breakdowns
- Safety and cost improvement projects
- Frequent interaction with vendors to ensure desired equipment performance/support
- Tracking of critical equipment health
- Frequent interaction with and support of hourly maintainers
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- BS degree - Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, including Excel
- Ability to communicate with people in all different roles and responsibilities
- Technical report writing
- Fixed plant maintenance experience a plus
Graduate offers are contingent upon successful results from post-offer physical/drug testing and background and reference checks.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Junior industry position
2640 W 1700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Salt Lake City , United States