Genomic Health is seeking an exceptional individual with strong statistical programming and analytical skills to participate in the development, validation and post-marketing support of genomic biomarker assays that help cancer patients and their physicians make better treatment decisions. As a member of the Biostatistics team, the Lead Statistical Analyst/Programmer will collaborate across Genomic Health, working closely with Clinical Biostatistics, Data Management Operations, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Medical Communications, and Medical Affairs to provide expertise in the generation of statistical analyses, tables, figures and listings of medical data from diverse sources. A strong candidate will have extensive experience analyzing and developing visualizations for high dimensional data, preferably genomic data, knowledge of statistical theory including survival analysis and epidemiological methods and a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in industry or academia.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Ensures accurate and timely completion of the statistical programming activities for assigned projects (exploratory and formal data analyses for final study reports, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and ad-hoc projects) including verification and documentation of results. May participate in review of analysis plans and development of programming requirements.
· Works on highly complex problems. Exercises independent judgment in selecting and adapting methods appropriate for the specific objective. Contributes to development of best practices, policies and standards.
· Directly supports project biostatistician with minimal guidance.
· Primary role is an individual contributor. Is expected to be able to oversee and project manage the activities of lower level personnel and contractors on assigned projects.
· BS in one of the Computational or Biological Sciences. Advanced degree highly desirable. Demonstrated technical ability may be substituted for technical discipline. Normally requires a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in academia or industry.
· Sound knowledge of statistical theory and statistical programming techniques and procedures in clinical research or related field (specifically SAS; experience with R and/or Python is desirable).
· Significant experience in supporting highly visible statistical programming projects of clinical data with in a fast-paced environment (genomics and/or survival data analysis experience highly desirable).
· Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
· Professional manner with ability to communicate effectively with other functions.
· Able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary program team and lead statistical programming activities of a project.
· Experience with FDA/EMEA for diagnostic products is desirable.
Genomic Health is seeking an exceptional individual with strong statistical programming and analytical skills to participate in the development, validation and post-marketing support of genomic biomarker assays that help cancer patients and their physicians make better treatment decisions.
Mid-level industry position
Redwood City , United States