Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The role of the Maintenance Electrician is to install, maintain, repair and replace a variety of equipment and machinery, in accordance with maintenance and electrical standards, within the Bray manufacturing site.
- Assemble, install, test, maintain, repair and replace electrical wiring, machinery, equipment, appliances, systems, apparatus, components and fixtures (described as equipment from here on), using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards or defects, to identify the need for adjustment, repair or replacement, and to ensure compliance with electrical codes, regulations, policies and standards within Ireland at all times.
- Advise management on the continued operation of equipment.
- Test electrical systems, the continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and oscilloscopes, to ensure correct operation and safe use of the equipment.
- Repair, replace, install, remove, maintain, connect, disconnect, ground, power or signal cables to equipment. As an example, but not limited to, items such as motors, circuit breakers, control cabinets, distribution cabinets, transformers, instrumentation, PLC’s, safety circuitry, lighting, within electrical cabinets, on or within the equipment or within the fabric of the facility itself.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, such as, but not limited to, power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment to carry out your day to day functions.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, roofs, MEWP (Mobile elevated working platform) or other height related platforms/equipment, to install, maintain, repair or replace electrical equipment.
- Plan, layout and perform installation of electrical equipment, based on the job specifications, while conforming to electrical codes, building codes, regulations, policies and standards at all times.
- Prepare sketches, blueprints or drawings; update existing drawings, to ensure an accurate record of the electrical installation within the equipment and the site is maintained at all times.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications as required.
- Maintain written or electronic records of breakdowns, the use of spare parts, a description of the work carried out, repairs made, replacements made, all in compliance with current regulations, standards, codes and policies, especially in the areas of Electrical Safety, Safety of Machinery and Equipment, Environment and Quality.
- Utilise the data or records to help identify causes or areas of recurring problems.
- Work with and alongside the Maintenance fitters to help maintain mechanical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on the site and within the equipment.
- Liaise with the Engineering Team and actively contribute in the modification and redesign of equipment to maximise plant equipment life and efficiency.
- Work with external contractors as required.
- You should be experienced in working to Irish Electrical Standards.
- Experience as a Maintenance Electrician in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Proven ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, roofs, MEWP (Mobile elevated working platform) or other height related platforms/equipment.
- Electrical aptitude, you must be able to diagnose and solve problems and be able to read electrical drawings.
- Team player that works off own initiative and works in a proactive manner.
- A good communicator who takes direction well.
- Experience in the programming of PLC’s or control systems.
What can we offer you?
A great team environment, competitive salary, bonus eligibilty, health insurance, life assurance, pension scheme, free on-site parking, partly subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch and flexible working time.
If you feel that you match the requirements for this role, we'd love to hear from you!