Faculty / researcher
1 Portland St, Cambridge, MA 02139
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• Ph.D. or Masters Degree in the life sciences with 5+ year’s relevant experience in cell based assays.
• Cell culture expertise (primary and immortalized).
• Evidence of scientific accomplishments in the form of publications and presentations.
• Evidence of mentorship and supervisory experience required.
• Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Manage a group of 2-4 lab-based scientists responsible for establishing and performing cell based assays related to delivering AAV gene therapy vectors for testing in clinical trials.
• Perform and oversee cell assays, including e.g. in vitro patient cell-based assays and immunologic studies
• Partner with colleagues working on Gene Therapy projects, e.g. RDRU Biology, I&;I RU and IMRU colleagues, PDM, PharmSci, CDX and CAG colleagues.
• Evaluate and engage external collaborators and Contract Research Laboratories (CROs).