Faculty / researcher
309 E 2nd St, Pomona, CA 91766
To provide technical support and contribute to the practical training of research trainees for the College of Veterinary Medicine Laboratory
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Individuals must possess the appropriate knowledge necessary to perform the essential functions of the job, as well as possess the following skills and abilities, with or without reasonable accommodation:
2. Basic and advanced laboratory knowledge & skills. Proficiency in cellular and molecular biology research methodology (cell isolation, culture, banking, spectrophotometry, ELISA, Flow cytometry, DNA/RNA isolation, real-time PCR)
3. Basic skills in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
4. Ability for logical, independent problem solving, and attention to detail and process.
5. Knowledge of medical and science terminology.
In addition to the skills above, experience in laboratory animal handling is desirable.
1. Education: Minimum qualification includes a BS or Masters Degree in Biology, Animal Science, Bio-Chemistry, Chemistry, or related fields.
2. Experience in laboratory animal handling is desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with degree of advanced research training and experience.