The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognised research in the field of economics and provides intensive training for junior economists.
The ifo Center for the Economics of Education has a vacancy as of 1 October 2017 for a researcher (m/f Postdoc). The Center conducts policy-oriented research in the field of applied empirical microeconomics with a focus on the economics of education and is active in economic and education policy advisory work.
- Empirical research with a focus on applied economics of education issues
- Publishing research results, especially via articles in leading international, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences
- Conception, acquisition, management and implementation of third-party funded projects
- Transfer of research results to the general public with a focus on publishing articles on the economic and economics of education debate
- A very good doctorate in economics
- Proven knowledge and experience in empirical economics of education or a related field of empirical microeconometrics or policy evaluation, as demonstrated by articles in high-level journals or working papers suitable for publication
- A solid grasp of relevant data sets and microeconometric methods
- A sound knowledge of econometrics software (e.g. Stata) and programming software
- An excellent command of both English and German
- Policy-oriented empirical economics research within a top research team at one of Europe’s leading think-tanks
- The opportunity to network and acquire extensive international experience
- The option of teaching at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich under the chair of Prof Ludger Wößmann
- A working contract initially limited to three years that may be extended.
- Compensation and benefits based on the German public service pay scale (TV-L)
As an equal opportunity employer, the ifo Institute encourages applications from men and women. Women are expressly encouraged to apply.
Please send your completed application under reference number 2017-034 BI-PD by 24 September 2017 preferably by email (as a pdf-file ) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
ifo Institute – Leibniz-Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
Poschingerstraße 5, 81679 Munich
Should you have any queries, please contact Susanne Crefeld or Juliane Neumeier at 089/9224-1289.
Faculty / postdoc
Munich , Germany