A challenging program designed for selected students with a strong commitment to economics and a proven ability for inquisitive and independent work. Our PhD aims at training a selected group of outstanding scholars for a career as economists in academic institutions or in research departments of corporations, public organizations, financial institutions, and government. For further information, please visit the page https://phd.unibo.it/economics
The PhD offers 7 full-time 4-years positions:
- 5 PhD positions with scholarships for research projects in any field of Economics
- 1 PhD position with scholarship is for participants to the European Doctorate in Law and Economics (EDLE) http://www.edle-phd.eu
- 1 self-financed PhD student position is also available
Students can find competent tutorship and tight guidance for their doctoral studies. Our researchers are at the cutting edge of world research in their fields, excellent in teaching and supervising, and highly approachable. In addition to some mandatory courses, Graduate Students are encouraged to pursue a personalized curriculum by choosing courses within a wide list of options. The program actively assists the PhD candidates for participation to the academic and non-academic job market.
- Candidates from any country and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or who are in line to complete it no later than October 31st, 2018. Such degree must be one of the following:
- an Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system)
- an Italian university degree pre-reform system (4 or 5 years)
- an academic Master’s degree obtained abroad, comparable to the above mentioned Italian degrees and recognized as suitable for the admission to doctoral programmes. For degree transcripts from outside of Italy, an official translation into Italian or English must be attached
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript of records
- At least one and no more than three letters of reference
- Statement of purpose, highlighting motivations, experiences and research interests in connection with the PhD programme. Here applicants must clearly indicate:
- for which curriculum they are applying
- in which thematic scholarship(s) they are interested (one or more)
- At most two publications in extenso (monographs, articles on scientific magazines, etc)
- English language certificates or proof of knowledge of English
- Any other document certifying the applicant’s excellence (prizes, fellowships and grants)
- Scanned copy of a valid ID (with photo).
Applications must be submitted online by 13.00 (Italian time) of 5th April, 2018.
Please read carefully the Call for application on www.unibo.it/en/teaching/phd/2018-2019/economics
PhD in Economics
Scholarships € 15.343,28 gross per year. Additional funds from the 2nd year (around € 1.535 per year).
Piazza Scaravilli 2
Bologna , Italy