LLM International Business Law
An outstanding preparation for a legal career in the international business arena, combining quality business law theory with a distinctly practical real-world approach. Become a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporations, or go for a career in academic research.
Program and courses
Understand the full range of legal, social, and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
- Case studies form an important part of learning. Handle the challenges regularly faced by business lawyers in their day-to-day practice.
- Theory meets real-world practice: draft legal documents that bring predictable results and reduce risks, claims, and litigation.
- Learn to argue, communicate, analyze and collaborate in international, interdisciplinary teams.
- The core team consists of senior, internationally-reputed law lecturers affiliated to the Tilburg Law School, as well as the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) and the Center for Company Law (CCL). These academics are widely published in thetop academic journals in the fields of corporate law, finance, international business law, and competition law.
- The world’s top experts in the field are involved in the program as guest lecturers.
- Your classroom consists of a great diversity in nationalities from all over the world. This offers a new and broader perspective for you as a person and it is a unique preparation for your future career.
Typical courses are:
- International Business Law I and II
- Banking and Securities Regulation
- International Company Law
- Legal Negotiation Workshop
As a Master of Laws in International Business Law you are well prepared for a career as a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporation. Graduates of this Master have become lawyers in the civil service sector and transnational associations (both for-profit and non-profit) as well. They also work in consultancy, research and policy-making.
Graduates started for example as:
- Lawyer at EY (Russia)
- Personal Care Legal Business Partner BG at Philips (Netherlands)
- Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Leeds (United Kingdom)
- CEO and co-founder of a FinTech start-up (Netherlands)
- Head Legal and Compliance at a regulated crypto financial broker, asset manager and service provider (Switzerland)
- Director Data Analytics at a global commercial real estate services organization (Netherlands)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 59%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.266,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 163
Regular fees: 2060 EUR
International Fees : 14500 EUR
The number of scholarships is limited and mainly targeted at students with excellent study results. Visit website for more info
Tilburg , Netherlands