The Master of Science (MSc) in Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIE) is intended to provide students with theories, tools, and expertise to turn ideas into business opportunities and manage corporate innovation efforts. The goal of the programme is to form creative, hands-on graduates who can brilliantly contribute to innovation in several domains, both in existing organisations and by embarking on a career as entrepreneur.
With an internationally-oriented approach, MIE is designed to give to students the opportunity of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural contexts. Teamwork will be an integral part of the entire programme, aimed at promoting critical and collaborative thinking, thus setting the basis for a unique learning opportunity. The programme is entirely taught in English.
THE STUDY PROGRAMME
1st YEAR (60 ECTS)
- Business and Commercial Law, 6 ECTS
- Advanced Industrial Organisation, 9 ECTS
- Management of Innovation, 6 ECTS
- Corporate Finance, 6 ECTS
- Performance Management and Control Systems, 9 ECTS
- Business History, 6 ECTS
- Quantitative Methods, 12 ECTS
- Internship or Laboratory, 6 ECTS
Course progression requirements: first year courses (apart from Internship or Laboratory) are propaedeutic to second year courses.
2nd YEAR (60 ECTS)
Three Alternative Curricula: Entrepreneurship/Digital Innovation/Management of Intellectual Property Rights (36 ECTS each)
Each curriculum is made up of four courses (9 ECTS each).
Mandatory courses for Entrepreneurship curriculum:
- New Business Start-up, 9 ECTS
- Corporate Banking and Financial Markets, 9 ECTS
- Advanced Strategic Management, 9 ECTS
- Social and Sustainable Entrepreneurship, 9 ECTS
Mandatory courses for Digital Innovation curriculum:
- Internet Economics and Digital Business, 9 ECTS
- Strategies and Tools for Industry 4.0, 9 ECTS
- Digital Marketing and Innovation, 9 ECTS
- Innovation in Marketing Channels, 9 ECTS
Mandatory courses for Management of Intellectual Property Rights curriculum:
- Managing and Evaluating Intellectual Property Rights, 9 ECTS
- Property Rights: Legal Aspects, 9 ECTS
- Data Management for Intellectual Property Rights, 9 ECTS
- Management of Licensing, 9 ECTS
Elective courses (for all curricula): 9 ECTS
Final Dissertation (for all curricula): 15 ECTS
This programme is intended for highly-qualified national and international students with adequate knowledge in business, economics and statistics.
Up to 70 students are expected to be admitted each year. Admission is based on academic excellence and motivation. Applicants meeting the entry requirements can send their application on-line.
The entry requirements are:
- An undergraduate degree (at least 180 ECTS)
- 40 ECTS as a whole in business management/economics/mathematics/statistics/law, of which:
- 18 ECTS specifically in business management/economics
- 6 ECTS specifically in mathematics/statistics
- English knowledge (B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
The MIE Admission Board will evaluate academic and personal background and will decide on the admission. MIE admission board reserves the possibility to invite eligible candidates for an interview to be held in telematic form (via Skype or similar) from mid-February till the beginning of July each year.
Graduates of the MSc in Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship are qualified to undertake managerial careers oriented towards innovation themes, as to start new business ventures. Prospect careers include:
- Managers in national and international manufacturing and service companies
- Freelancers and consultant in the design and implementation of new initiatives
Do you want to learn more about this course? Have a look at the
You can also check the website for information about fees and financial support.
Master of Science (MSc) in Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSc, LM-77)
Via Conservatorio 7
Milan , Italy