Applied Economics (Banking & Financial Markets) online MSc
From political uncertainty and technological change to finance and recruitment demands, economics is integral to our decision-making, and yet most online economics masters emphasise theory over practice. Our online MSc Applied Economics (Banking and Financial Markets) takes you beyond the research papers and into the real world, giving you insights you can put into action from day one.
Economics for the real world
A practical approach makes our economics MSc ideal for those from less technical backgrounds, such as social sciences or humanities, who wish to launch careers in banking and finance and public economics.
By being the first in the UK to offer a masters in applied economics online, the University of Bath gives time-pressed professionals a unique opportunity to further their prospects in this versatile vocation without interrupting their existing careers.
What will you learn?
- Analyse, interpret and critically evaluate economic data and research
- Apply principles to respond to economic and policy issues
- Design and implement your own research projects
- Use micro- and macro-economics to guide strategic decision-making
- Develop the necessary mathematical, statistical and econometrics skills
- Acquire research skills to support future commercial or doctoral research
Key online benefits
- Engaging video material and real-life case studies
- Interaction and networking with students and lecturers
- Digital resources to support your studies and develop your career
Quick course facts
Duration: 2 years, 3 months
Start dates: April, September and January
Entry requirements: Typically you should have a first or second class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent. Plus A-level Maths (or at least one passed maths unit at degree level)
International students: applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band
GET IN TOUCH
Learn more about our online courses or speak to a member of our admissions team.
Online admissions team