Master in Accounting and Finance
The Master in Accounting and Finance prepares you for a career in the field of financial corporate management. No matter whether you look at it from the perspective of a CPA, a consultant, a controller, an auditor, a financial analyst, or a banker.
Our programme will enable you to navigate the digital transformation of our economy being a successful professional in the next 10 years. This master programme integrates technical knowledge related to financial reporting, financial risk management and performance measurement with the ability to read the business world and interpret its evolutionary trends.
The courses offered include disciplines from the fields of accounting, finance, law, management, economics. Students can choose among three study tracks:
- Business Administration and Consulting;
- Finance and Financial Markets;
- Professional Accounting and Auditing.
The curriculum has a practice-oriented approach that exposes students to best practices of management through case-based teaching, small-scale laboratories, presentations by guest speakers and simulations of professional tasks of various complexity. The teaching material is developed in cooperation with professionals, as well as with financial organizations or consulting firms.
We are developing Double Degree Programmes in cooperation with prestigious universities in the United Kingdom such as the University of Surrey and in the United States.
Currently the Faculty of Economics and Management offers with more than 50 partner universities all over the world.
During the two years of this course, students are required to take an internship - of at least 150 hours - in a local, national or international firm in different sectors (manufacturing, professional services, financial industry) or in a non-profit institution.
To enhance the international focus of the program, the master offers students the possibility to prepare the following professional certifications:
- (CMA) – an agreement will be signed with the Institute of Management Accounting (IMA) which will facilitate the students’ access to the CMA certification;
- (CFA) – an agreement has been signed with the CFA Institute which will facilitate the students’ access to the CFA certification;
- (FRM) – an agreement will be signed with the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) which will facilitate the students’ access to the FRM certification.
Our graduates aim at the following professional careers:
- Managers: junior positions in the following functions: Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Administrative Officer, Controller, Internal Auditor and other management positions in private and public organizations of all sizes.
- Consultant: consultant in the development of management accounting and control systems, corporate finance, M&As and divestitures.
- Financial analyst/financial portfolio manager/specialist in the selection of financial and real estate investments/specialist in financial risk management: in banks, insurance companies, rating agencies, asset management firms, investment fund managers (securities, real estate and pension), private equity and venture capital firms, alternative and sovereign investment funds.
- Professional accountants: an agreement with the Institute of Professional Accountants () of the Autonomous Province of Bozen-Bolzano will facilitate the students’ access to the professional designation of “ ”.
If you are already employed, you can strengthen and widen your knowledge and skills in order to progress further in your career. If you are interested in postgraduate education, you can compete for a PhD position.
2 years, 120 ECTS
Courses will be taught in Italian, German and English
Early Bird - for EU and non-EU citizens: 1 March - 26 April 2019, noon
Late Application - for EU citizens only: 20 May - 11 July 2019, noon
Laurea magistrale in Accounting and Finance (LM-77)
Regular fees: 1345 EUR
Piazza Università, 1
Bolzano , Italy