Combine Technical Expertise with Business Leadership
The Master of Engineering is a one-year program designed for students who plan to join the engineering profession following graduation. This accelerated program develops the professional engineering leaders of the future who understand the technical, economic, and social issues of applied science and engineering. The Berkeley MEng integrates engineering coursework with classes in leadership and core management concepts. Students tackle actual industry challenges through case studies and your capstone project.
- Classes taught by top Berkeley Engineering faculty
- Cross-disciplinary cohort and teams include students from multiple engineering departments
- Completed in one academic year — Fall and Spring only, 12 units each
- Two leadership bootcamps, August and January
- Small classes encourage interaction with students, teachers and industry collaborators
- Networks are reinforced through career advising and placement, access to alumni industry connection access, and other services.
- Resume, transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, 2 short essays, GRE test
- GRE: No min requirement. Avg admittee:
>90% in Quantitative, >70% Verbal, >3.5 score Analytical
- TOEFL or IELTS for International students
- Strong technical background equivalent to an engineering bachelor’s degree.
- Average admissions rate for M.Eng program: 12%
Etcheverry Hall, Hearst Ave #6141, Berkeley, CA 94720
Berkeley , United States